Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Homework database

kmk

I would like to create a learning, teaching and interacting system, is a project that I would like to run into to help my community. That is why I spend in the LMS app, but another hand I don't like a serious project depend on only one developer, specially in case of developer don't... But right now IPS marketplace community still working by that way... 

• Owner
10 hours ago, kmk said:

I would like to create a learning, teaching and interacting system, is a project that I would like to run into to help my community. That is why I spend in the LMS app, but another hand I don't like a serious project depend on only one developer, specially in case of developer don't... But right now IPS marketplace community still working by that way... 

I know what you mean.

This is why I try not to add to many apps other than to try to figure out how they work, so I can recreate them myself.

Pages are pretty good and as I understand it there will be some focus on Pages in 2021 and 2022 that should expand it even further.

I have had thoughts on making an attempt for a learning system myself, but I need more time to learn the system before I attempt that I think 🙂

At this point I discovered my homework database settings are pointing to convert the HOMEWORK process as a project management flow for teacher, parents and students. 

We can use similar mechanics as your recent code to limit the access of a category? I mean in a category, predefined members who can access to the category. 

So I am imagine that having a form field in the category (front end if possible) where we can input members, after save it the category can see by members mentioned in the form field. 

If that possible, I will avoid the problem of creating one group for each student and parents. 

• Owner
22 hours ago, kmk said:

At this point I discovered my homework database settings are pointing to convert the HOMEWORK process as a project management flow for teacher, parents and students. 

We can use similar mechanics as your recent code to limit the access of a category? I mean in a category, predefined members who can access to the category. 

So I am imagine that having a form field in the category (front end if possible) where we can input members, after save it the category can see by members mentioned in the form field. 

If that possible, I will avoid the problem of creating one group for each student and parents. 

I will have to test that to see how it can be done, but it should be possible.
We just need to get the ID of the profiles added and then insert it into the restriction tag.

It would be a field edited in the frontend that is only visible to the teacher and admins, correct?

1 hour ago, Jimi Wikman said:

It would be a field edited in the frontend that is only visible to the teacher and admins, correct?

Yes, because they decide who should be able to see related category, maybe this month father of the student joined to the program, then next month her mom want to join to help... So if the access permission can be handle from front end will be convenient for teachers... 

• Owner

Got a hand with this and figured out how to translate the member field to fit into the conditional check 🙂

This works well for anything you can use a custom field for using the member field. Unfortunately you don't have that for categories however, but you can do it for every entry inside a category.

1 minute ago, Jimi Wikman said:

Got a hand with this and figured out how to translate the member field to fit into the conditional check 🙂

This works well for anything you can use a custom field for using the member field. Unfortunately you don't have that for categories however, but you can do it for every entry inside a category.

Do you mean can not apply for categories but yes for records?