Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Hi @Jimi Wikman I see your project posted in ips forum, I like it so much how you have page implemented, that I why I came here...inclusive maybe later you can work for my project too...

Well, now I am trying to implement page database to achieve homeworks support for some kids of my community, if you can take a look what I already asked in ips, if possible obtain some advise from you here...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the database settings under Option you need to set the wikistyle edit on. The Edit own records indefinitely only affect the creator, but the wikistyle allow for edit by more than one person.

finally....thank so much

Anytime 🙂 The steps are as follows: Login to admin, then go to Pages -> Templates. This will show you the templates you have in Pages. Click "New" at the bottom of the list of tem

Posted Images

The add records permission added. Now the member can create record (that is not what I want) and in the record can see the filter (That is what I WANT).

What I try to doing is, teacher can create a record as homework for a specific student and their guardian can see it too. In that record with 2 status filters, one for student one for guardian, when teach publish a record, student use change the student statu to notify if he already received or already have it finished, for guardian, he can use change guardian statu as check it and pending, so student will to know their parent is pending on their homework.

so what I try to do is, 

Teacher can create record, can see and modify all filters.

Student can not create record, but can see all filters, and only can edit student statu filter.

Guardian can not create record, but can see all filters, and only can edit guardian statu filter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Owner
16 minutes ago, kmk said:

Hi @Jimi Wikman I see your project posted in ips forum, I like it so much how you have page implemented, that I why I came here...inclusive maybe later you can work for my project too...

Well, now I am trying to implement page database to achieve homeworks support for some kids of my community, if you can take a look what I already asked in ips, if possible obtain some advise from you here...

 

Welcome to the forums @kmk 🙂

 

Let's see if we can figure this out together 🙂

If I understand correctly then the following should happen in the flow:

  1. Teacher creates a record in the database.
  2. There is one custom field for Student
  3. and one custom field for Parent.
  4. The Student can see output of both fields and are allowed to change the student field only.
  5. The Parent can also see output of both and can change only the Parent field.

Sounds correct?

If this is the setup then you want view permission of both fields, but edit only on one based on the two user groups student and parent. I assume you have tried that, so let's see if you can guide me through where it fails, and then we'll find a solution for it 🙂

Edited by Jimi Wikman
spelling errors :)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I already have all permisions set up...but 

1. student and parent can see the record, but they can not see the custom fields

After I add the "Add records" permission to both groups...

1. They can add records, (but that what I want to disable, because records will be only added by teacher group)

2. As they can create record, the custom fields can be see and edited by them too, but they don't have to create record.

3. Inclusive they with create record permission, but they still can not see custom fields of the record created by teacher group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jimi Wikman said:

If I understand correctly then the following should happen in the flow:

  1. Teacher creates a record in the database.
  2. There is one custom field for Student
  3. and one custom field for Parent.
  4. The Student can see output of both fields and are allowed to change the student field only.
  5. The Parent can also see output of both and can change only the Parent field.

Sounds correct?

Correct

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Owner

Then let's walk through the setup:

  • What type are the custom fields? Droplists?
  • Since there are two fields (parent_status, student_status for example) they should have different permissions. It looks like you only have 1 field now?
    • Parent User Group should have view, edit and add for parent_status field and only view for student_status.
    • Student User Group should have view, edit and add for student_status and only view for parent_status.
  • The other permissions looks right.
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jimi Wikman said:

Then let's walk through the setup:

  • What type are the custom fields? Droplists?

Select box

49 minutes ago, Jimi Wikman said:
  • Since there are two fields (parent_status, student_status for example) they should have different permissions. It looks like you only have 1 field now?
    • Parent User Group should have view, edit and add for parent_status field and only view for student_status.
    • Student User Group should have view, edit and add for student_status and only view for parent_status.

3 fields of select box

As ips can not assign record access permission to specific members, I create a group for each students and parents. That is the way by now I can give access permission by members, with that way I create category with student name then only give specific student and parent group access.

Same for fields permission

 

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 11.56.34 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 12.01.30 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Owner

So for the custom fields you should have this:

  • Evaluation Custom Field
    • Teacher: view, edit, add
    • Parent, none
    • Student, none
  • Guardian
    • Teacher: view, edit, add
    • Parent, view, edit
    • Student: view
  • Student:
    • Teacher: view, edit, add
    • Parent: view
    • Student: view, edit

That is assuming that the teacher add the initial value, or that the fields have a default value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jimi Wikman said:

That is assuming that the teacher add the initial value, or that the fields have a default value.

With default value

Right now I have below, but student or parent visit to the record, they can not see any fields, only can see the comments that are generated when update the fields.

31 minutes ago, Jimi Wikman said:
  • Evaluation Custom Field
    • Teacher: view, edit, add
    • Parent, view
    • Student, view
  • Guardian
    • Teacher: view, edit, add
    • Parent, view, edit
    • Student: view
  • Student:
    • Teacher: view, edit, add
    • Parent: view
    • Student: view, edit

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...