John Maxwell: The 5 Levels of Leadership
A business executive. A softball coach. A classroom teacher. A volunteer coordinator. A parent. Whether you’re one of these things or all of these things, one thing remains true: You are a leader.
But where are you on your leadership journey, and where do you go from here? Over John’s many years of teaching about leadership, that question exists at the heart of so many leaders. Everyone wants to know where they stand and how to get to the next level.
Based on the 5 Levels of Leadership paradigm in his book, Developing the Leader Within You, and then expanded further in the book, The 5 Levels of Leadership, John will explain how leaders can understand and increase their effectiveness.
To lead well, you must embrace your need for continual improvement, and the 5 Levels provide a leadership GPS to help you with your journey. You must know where you are, to know where you’re going.
The 5 Levels at a Glance:
- Level 1: Position—Learning to lead yourself – through priorities and self-discipline
- Level 2: Permission—People choose to follow you because they want to; giving you permission to lead them
- Level 3: Production—Producing results – knowing how to motivate other to get things done
- Level 4: People Development—Reproduction: Identifying, developing, and investing in future leaders
- Level 5: Pinnacle—Transcending one’s position, organization, or even industry