Serif, the company behind the popular apps Affinity photo, Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher announced their big 1.9 version release yesterday. All apps, on all platforms, are getting new features and several improvements to start off the new year. The 1.9 version release is available for free.
There are some great new features in this release, and it is clear that the Affinity series are aiming to position itself as a competent and financially attractive alternative to Adobe.
The Affinity apps go from strength to strength with the launch today of version 1.9, bringing new features and significant further improvements.
“We’re introducing more tools and functions which will enable artists, designers, photographers and editors with even the most complex workflows to take advantage of the speed and power of Affinity.”
Here are some highlights from the 1.9 release available now:
- liquify adjustments as live, maskable layers.
- substantial improvements to its RAW engine
- new linked layer functionality,
- path text
- a new mode to control the stacking of astrography images
- a new contour tool
- ability to place linked images and resources
- reducing file size
- simplifying collaborative working
- IDML import will be noticeably faster
- the new Package feature
- Placed PDFs can now be set to ‘passthrough’
...and much, much more!
All Affinity apps are currently available with 50% discount as an initiative to support the creative community during COVID-19, from affinity.serif.com.