Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Article] Polypane 2.1 released - Edit all your panes at the same time

Jimi Wikman

• Owner

Polypane is a browser built from the ground up to create websites and apps and it just released version 2.1 with some nice new features. The aim is to give you better insights into your site and make the entire developer/designer workflow faster and the features to do so is pretty great.

What's new?

Quick list of the major new features:

• Live CSS Edit all panes at the same time
  • Social media previews See what your page looks like when shared on Facebook, Slack, Twitter and LinkedIn.
  • Meta info Get a full overview of all your meta tags
  • Handoff / browse Use Avocode, Zeplin and more directly in Polypane
  • Workspaces UI Quickly switch between your favorite pane sets

Beyond that, we also added network throttling, new and improved overlays, better indicators, ways to detect when your site is shown in Polypane, speed improvements, and many more smaller features.

You can read all the changes here:

polypane-2-1-edit-all-your-panes-at-the-
POLYPANE.APP

With Polypane, we want to give you better insights into your site and make the entire developer/designer workflow faster…

---

If you do not know what Polypane is, then maybe this short video can help explain it.

View full blog article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jimi Wikman
      Front-end development is fascinating, not only because you can create magical experiences and it is very tangible to see the results of your work, but also because of the vast number of options available for building UIs.
      Regularly we face the decision to pick from fantastic JavaScript frameworks and CSS or visual design frameworks, which grew up so complex that they have their own learning curve.
    • By Jimi Wikman
      Not too long ago, someone asked me if I could clone the Google Font theme toggle button, and after looking at it, it looked like a lot of fun to try and do, so I took on the challenge!
      🔗 Links
      ✅ Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/
      ✅ My finished code: https://codepen.io/kevinpowell/pen/Po...
      ⌚ Timestamps
      00:00 - Introduction
      00:55 - Getting everything ready
      03:14 - Setting the stage with CSS
      07:08 - Adding custom properties
      10:36 - Changing the theme on click
      15:01 - Changing the aria-label on click
      18:04 - adding the tooltip
      23:22 - Animating the tooltip
      27:27 - Animating the icon
      35:06 - Changing the icon on page load
      40:48 - Adding the pulse animation
      50:00 - Using focus-visible to improve the tooltip
    • By Jimi Wikman
      Going over requirements and making time estimations and technical solutions for the front end part of the project.
    • By Jimi Wikman
      Jira tool manager with the task of stabilizing the system and setting up work processes for all teams within H&M. Responsible for several projects including cloud initiatives and coordination with other systems such as ServiceNow. Heavily involved in designing the build processes (requirements, development, design, deploy and test) for the process office. Responsible for the design and implementation of SAFe in Jira and the build processes. Responsible for a small team of Atlassian experts. Supported 400+ teams with Jira questions and training of work processes.
    • By Jimi Wikman
      My assignment was to create a new design for a political community called TheLeft. The design would then be implemented using HTML and CSS. The community also needed custom content blocks using Invision Communities Pages module. I created a new structure for that and added blocks for hero banners and other blocks need to create the desired design. I also configured Invision Community and built the structure of information to make it a complete community experience.