Bug Fixes This release includes fixes for a couple of crashes, including one that could occur if you dropped a bitmap onto the image well in the Pattern Fill popover. It also fixes an issue that could have prevented you from opening files in older versions of the app, if you had already opened them in 66.
Bug Fixes and Improvements We’re busy putting the finishing touches on some very exciting upcoming releases, so we’ve taken a step back with this one to focus on some important bug fixes and key improvements that all add up to a better experience.
- We’ve made uploads for large Cloud documents much more reliable over slower network connections. If you’ve been seeing errors that said Sketch couldn’t connect to the internet when you were certain you were online, this release should fix that.
- If you’ve struggled to see a black or white Symbol clearly in the Components Panel or Menu, we’ve got you covered with this release. Symbol previews now show the background color you’ve applied to their master (if you’ve set one) or a black or white background that makes them easier to spot.
- We’ve renamed the Prototyping Menu to “Prototype” to keep things consistent and tidy.
- Behind the scenes, we’ve been working hard to improve performance in the app. If you’re working with very complex documents, you may feel the benefit of some of these improvements with this update. There’s plenty more to come, though, so expect things to feel snappier and smoother soon.
- Fixes a bug that could cause an older version of a Cloud document to open instead of a newer one you’d worked on.
- Fixes a bug that caused text layers with custom character spacing to display gradient fills incorrectly.
- Fixes a bug that would stop you from adding a Library from Cloud that had a forward slash (/) in its name.
- Fixes a bug that caused the Magic Wand selection to appear upside down and mirrored on the Canvas.
- Fixes a bug that caused a few different issues with Symbol overrides, including overrides changing unexpectedly after Library updates, overrides removing themselves when you renamed a Layer in a Symbol master, and Libraries taking longer than they should to update. Working with Symbol overrides should feel a little faster now, too.
- Fixes a bug that stopped you from making layers exportable if your selection included a Hotspot layer.
- Fixes a bug that stopped you from applying blending modes to text fills.
- Fixes a bug that meant you couldn’t override or manage Layer Styles that included Tints from Symbol masters or instances.
- Fixes a bug that meant groups or Symbols with tints could lose their colors when you exported them as SVGs.
- Fixes a bug that would cause some filled layers with borders or shadows to have oddly curved edges.
- Fixes a bug that stopped the Original Size button from enabling immediately after you resized a bitmap layer (you’d have to change selection for it to enable itself, but no more!).
- Fixes a crash that could occur during/after Library updates or when you edited items in the Components Panel.