Another week has past and as usual I will bring you some of the happenings of the week. This is a weekly newsletter that focuses on the development chain that I am most passionate about: Management, Design, Requirement, Development, Test and special interests such as Atlassian and Security.
If you have news that you think should be included in this newsletter, please let me know. You are also welcome to guest blog if you like.
This week I purchased a ton of new graphics from Shutterstock to use for blogposts and content creation.
I also made some changes to the colors of the different sections as they were a bit difficult to see on dark backgrounds.
This weekend I also added a new section to the Awesome People articles where I will add my thoughts on the people added there.
- A Quick Summary of Risk Management
- The 5 Hottest ITSM Trends and Topics for 2020
- CIOs: 5 Key ITSM Things to Do in 2020
- Top Project Management Conferences of 2020
- The Art of Agile Product Ownership
- Master Your Project Planning with Free Gantt Chart Excel Templates
- Workshop: How To Map Out Your Projects Better Using Mind Maps
- The Misunderstood Scrum Master
- Attention leaders: there’s something your team isn’t telling you
- Should The Product Owner Balance Technical Debt?
- US Space Force logo draws comparisons to 'Star Trek'
- Learn how to create fully functional mockups
- Design is a process, not art
- What UX from 1989 can teach us
- Does Professional Degree Matter to become a Web or Graphic Designer?
- Don’t sell your portfolio — sell yourself
- Why Figma is a dangerous tool for designers
- Designing dashboard: What should you know
- Everything You Need to Know About Design Systems
- 45 Simple Line Art Minimal Logo Designs for Inspiration
- Angular vs. React vs. Vue: A 2020 comparison
- 5 Reasons for Doing Microfrontends
- CSS Grid Template Areas In Action
- What’s the Difference Between Width/Height in CSS and Width/Height HTML attributes?
- Min and Max Width/Height in CSS
- How To Pass Data Between Components In Vue.js
- Angular 9 Tutorial: Build an Example App with Angular CLI, Angular Router, HttpClient & Angular Material
- Advanced Node.Js: A Hands on Guide to Event Loop, Child Process and Worker Threads in Node.Js
- Frontend Development with Docker simplified
Test / QA
- Chekhov's Gun for Automated Tests
- Jenkins Creator Launches Startup To Speed Software Testing with Machine Learning -- ADTmag
- Dive into functional testing and non-functional testing approaches
- Getting Started with Front End Testing
- Writing testable code with VueJS, Nuxt and TypeScript
- LiteSpeed Web Server or OpenLiteSpeed?
- How to: Create comprehensive status reports for complex multi-tier releases for 15 mins.
- Developers could ease DevOps deployment with CircleCI Orbs
- Protestors petition equity firm over .org buyout
- Deploying a Java web app with a MySQL backend through Octopus Deploy
- EasyApache 4 Jan 22 Release
- Should your CI/CD process be implemented in a single Pipeline as Code file?
- How DevOps principles power Octopus documentation
- Get to know Jira Align: FAQ
- Be GDPR compliant: ensure the right to erasure, find and anonymize PII in Jira
- One year later: major updates to Jira Software’s roadmap function
- Beware of this sneaky phishing technique now being used in more attacks
- Deepfakes are getting easier to make and the internet's just not ready
- The Annoying MacOS Threat That Won't Go Away
- Google finds privacy holes in Safari’s ITP anti-tracking system
- Shlayer, No. 1 Threat for Mac, Targets YouTube, Wikipedia
- Cisco Warns of Critical Network Security Tool Flaw
- Mastercard Opens New Intelligence and Cyber Center in Vancouver, Canada
- Multiple Vulnerabilities Found in AMD ATI Radeon Graphics Cards
- sLoad Malware Revamped as Powerful ‘StarsLord’ Loader
- Mozilla has banned nearly 200 malicious Firefox add-ons over the last two weeks
- Introducing ‘Rebuilding Notre Dame,’ a New VR Documentary
- Google’s John Mueller on Optimizing Images for Search Results
- LinkedIn Announces Merger of Elevate Functionality with Company Pages
- A New Search Engine Enters the Market – OneSearch from Verizon Media
- Twitter Launches Emoji Reactions for Direct Messages
- 3 Tips for Brands Looking to Utilize TikTok for Marketing
- Google Updates Mobile-First Indexing Best Practices Documentation
- 10 Amazing mobile apps built using Flutter framework
- Social shorts: Instagram tests web DMs, TikTok explores curated content streams, Pinterest passes Snapchat in users
- Why Hyper-Personalization is Key for Marketers in 2020
- Is personalization working? Budgets are increasing, but martech challenges threaten future investments
- Eight Types of Online Reviewers, and How to Handle Them [Infographic]